- I head of Broccoli , chopped
- 5 Baby corns , sliced into strips
- 2 Carrots , finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell pepper , finely chopped
- 2 Stalks Lemon Grass , sliced
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 5 Basil leaves
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
Add 4-5 cups water to a sauce pan, with the lemon grass stalks. On medium heat, boil for 5 mins to release flavor. Once the water has turned a pale green, remove the stalks and discard them.
Add the vegetables to the lemon grass water and bring it to a boil until the vegetables are slightly tender. Turn off the heat and add in the salt, sugar, lemon juice, basil leaves and crushed black pepper. Serve up your lemon grass broth piping hot, the perfect pick me up on a gloomy cold day!