Let’s step into this New Year determined to make it a healthier and happier one! Here are 5 simple resolutions to help us along, guaranteed to rejuvenate the body and mind.
- Breakfast like a king! Eat a filling, nutritious meal every morning. Throw out the processed cornflakes and instead opt for healthier whole grains, pulses and veggies which boost your body and give you the energy you need to make it through the day.
- HYDRATE! Our body needs water for every function it performs, and by depriving it we tire easily, get moody and complain of splitting headaches. All this is avoidable if we routinely drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. Experiment with simple fruit and herb infusions to jazz up your drink!
- Eat The Rainbow! Make sure you fill your plate with an array of vibrantly colored fruits and vegetables. Plant pigments like carotene and anthocyanin are powerful antioxidants that fight cancer and increase longevity. The more colors in your diet, the healthier you’ll be!
- Unwind! Make it a point to take a half hours break every day. Turn of all flashing screens and pesky gadgets and take a walk in the fresh air, meditate or simple cuddle up with an intriguing book. Your mind needs a break too!
- Hit that snooze button! It’s no surprise that we barely sleep with social media constantly pinging and a million TV shows keeping us hooked till the early hours of the morning. Without a proper, deep sleep, our body and brain don’t get a chance to rejuvenate and revitalize, and we wake up with telltale dark circles, tired and irritable. Make it a point to sleep at least 8 hours for a refreshing and productive new day.
Stick to these 5 resolutions, and within weeks you’ll feel the difference. Eat Healthy, Eat Fresh and make 2018 your best year yet!