- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ litres water
- 3 veg soup cubes
- 1 large red carrot, peeled and chopped
- I cup coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup peas
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Lime for garnish
On a medium flame, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook stirring continually for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add in the soup cubes and water. Stir in the carrot, coriander, peas, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Add the spring onions and pepper, and simmer for 3 more minutes. Garnish with a twist of fresh lime.
Your Gingery lemon broth is ready! Bon Appetit.